Parents might be interested to know about how our school bus operation is funded. The school is part of the Direct Resourcing funding programme which works like this:
- The Ministry takes our student bus lists from the school’s student management system and identifies all of the eligible students.
- Eligible students are those that live more than 3.2km from school and are attending their nearest appropriate school.
- The Ministry calculates the funding on the basis of eligible students and gives this to the school.
- With the funding in hand, the school has control over the actual bus route operated, within some limits set down by the Ministry.
- The Board can decide to collect students that live too close to school or who aren’t attending their closest school.
- The Board decides on bus stops and develops rules and procedures that parents and students must follow if they want to use the service.